Another new position opens–this time for a project coordinator
Join our team; spread the news! Mastery Transcript Consortium is seeking a full-time project coordinator to work closely with the leadership team and member schools to advance key initiatives and priorities. The project coordinator will help to support a range of projects and contribute to other MTC efforts and partnerships where useful. Reporting to the executive director, the project coordinator will assist on a variety of tasks, including project coordination, event planning, administrative functions, and other tasks as necessary. News of the position follows on the recent announcements that MTC hired a Chief Product Officer and is now seeking a permanent executive director to lead the consortium into the future.
“This is an exciting time for the MTC,” said Patricia Russell, interim executive director. “As we experience steady growth in our team of member schools and begin to build the digital transcript, it’s also time to expand our team of staff members who support those efforts. We’re looking for entrepreneurial individuals who are as impatient as we are with the status quo in education.”
Opportunity to Grow with Us
The MTC is a small start-up, but is well-funded and poised to grow quickly. We seek a high-energy candidate who is comfortable with change and ambiguity and is eager to grow with the organization by taking on a variety of tasks as they arise. Interested candidates should send a cover note and resume to Patricia Russell at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping to plan and coordination of events, such as meetings with MTC member schools, presentations by MTC leaders at industry events, and workshops with prospective members and partners (will require some travel: 10%-15%)
- Supporting the executive director and chief product officer by coordinating team calendars, assisting with travel arrangements, preparing agendas for staff and Board meetings, and capturing minutes
- Drafting grant proposals, using templates and materials provided by MTC
- Tracking timelines and progress on grant proposals
- Proofreading and editing documents, including presentations, worksheets, and memoranda
- Conducting web research
- Updating the MTC membership database
- Assisting with communications, website management and publications
- Assisting with the development of good practices for project coordination and contributing to efforts to assess and evaluate the growth of the MTC
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Can thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, and creative work environment
- Has a broad skill set, including project coordination capacity, general research and data analysis experience, excellent writing and communication skills, familiarity with workflow management and assessment tools; experience with event planning and implementation
- A capacity to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in education, technology, business, or other relevant discipline
- Experience with project coordination or other supportive and administrative roles
- Basic research capacity, technical experience and interest a plus
- Self-starter, comfortable working virtually and managing a schedule
- An interest in education and interest in learning new skills
- A reliable sense of humor, adventure, empathy, and a flexible work style given that the MTC is in the very early stages of its development
The MTC was founded in Cleveland in March 2017. The MTC is currently located in the Boston area. The project coordinator must be willing to attend frequent meetings in Boston and be available to travel to periodic meetings and events out of state. Because Hawken School is serving as the legal fiscal agent for the MTC through at least June 2018, salary and benefits for this position will be through Hawken School.
As soon as possible.
Competitive annual salary offered, depending upon experience, plus benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover note and resume to Patricia Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org. The search will remain open until the position is filled. The MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mastery Transcript Consortium
The Mastery Transcript Consortium (MTC) is a collective of high schools organized around the development and dissemination of an alternative model of assessment, crediting, and transcript generation. Together we hope to change the relationship between preparation for college and college admissions for the betterment of students.